You need to gather minimum specific information on your desired service and destination to be able to create a single shipment:
- Receiver name (max 35 characters)
- Receiver address (max 35 characters)
- Receiver ZIP code (max 9 characters, no spaces or symbols)
- Receiver City
- Receiver Country
- Weight of the parcel (max. 31,5kg or 20kg for parcelshop delivery)
- A choice of service or option
Preferably (or mandatory if a service requires it) you also want to add:
- Receiver email and phone
- Parcel dimensions
- Parcel references for you own convenience
- Return address
Optionally, depending on destination, you also need:
- Tax and harmonised customs info, for non-EU shipments
Most used services:
- DPD Classic: B2B shipment
- DPD 8:30/10:00/12:00: B2B shipment with priority handling
- DPD Home: A B2C shipment to a private address with predict messages
- 2Shop: A B2C shipment to a pickup point with predict messages
- Shop Return: A shipment allowing a receiver to return a parcel to your address
- Printing a label and the actual shipping of the parcel (handing it over to DPD) can have a maximum span of 10 working days
- Reprinting the same label with identical labelnumber for re-use is not allowed.
- Printing a label does not trigger an invoice event, handing the parcel over to DPD does, when a first depot scan is performed.
- Please do check which filters are active. If you cannot find a shipment in your list (search box and checkboxes ‘in preparation’ , ‘labels printed’ – … )
- Recognising shipment status:
- Red / In preparation – Shipment has been registered but the labels have not yet been printed.
- Blue / Labels printed – Shipments labels were printed but the data was not yet sent to DPD
- Grey / Order sent – The data has arrived at DPD
Creating a shipping label
To create a shipment in DPD Shipper, click on “Shipments” in the left pane and then on ” + New shipment order”.
Here you can enter all recipient details. If you want to send a B2C shipment with predict notification, the e-mail address or mobile phone number is mandatory. By default, Shipper Central is set up so your receiver is saved from the first time you create a shipment towards receiver…
Tip: The field name acts as a search field. Once you have entered 4 characters, the application searches in your list of recipients. If you have already sent to this recipient before, all information will be filled in automatically.
- Service: choose which service you want to create a shipment for.
- Custom sender: check this box to be able ‘mask’ your shipment address in the data. If you want a masked address to appear on the printed label, as if the sender was a third party, please request a masked address to your DPD sales representative. In this way you can eg. add your brand name instead of company name and address.
- Collection request: “Inverts” the shipment. Instead of printing a label, you will request a pickup on an other location, delivered to you or a to third address. (more info below)
- Order info e-mail: check this box and complete details for Shipper to send out a basic notification mail (not the DPD Predict e-mail) notifying your receiver of the incoming parcel, with parcelnumber and reference. The mail will trigger upon printing the label and is a basic message containing the tracking number and shipment preparation notification.
- Request Pickup: check this box -at shipment saving- to request a next business day pickup. You can also choose to request a pickup separately in another UI menu called ‘Pickup Orders’
- Note: can be used to leave a note to the driver.
Here you can check ‘Options’ such as Saturday delivery or standard return label with your shipment.
- Shop Return label: Add an immediate second label to a shipment
- Saturday delivery: Allows Saturday delivery
Here you can enter details per parcel:
- Amount of parcels
- Individual weight, references and dimensions
Saving and printing shipments
When all required fields are filled in, the action buttons at the bottom will become available. If these remain inactive then there is a required field uncompleted. Check if there are still red (mandatory) field left to complete.
- Save: Your shipment will be saved and you will return to your shipment list.
- Save and new: Your shipment will be saved and you can immediately create a new shipment.
- Print and new: Your shipment will be saved and printed and you can immediately create a new shipment.
Printing a shipment is always to PDF. Your browser will create a PDF and download it. You will have to open it in order to print it. In Chrome (recommended) you will find this in the bottom of your screen.
The label will be displayed and you’ll be able to print it.
To change the format of your label (A6 or A4), please refer to the ‘Settings’-screen.
Export to UK, NO & CH
Sending a parcel to a country outside the European Customs Union (United Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway) is just as easy as sending a parcel within the EU. It only requires additional information needed to fill out DPD Shipper’s customs fields. As an example in this Dutch video, we explain what needs to be filled out to export a parcel to the UK flawlessly.
Important! Some fields in DPD Shipper are marked as optional while they must be filled mandatory. See all mandatory fields in this overview of mandatory fields.
For complete specifications and handy links for exporting a parcel, see the following Dutch Manuals:
After creating your shipping labels and orders at end of day, it is advised to go through the daily procedure. This is to guarantee a clean way of working and allows you to print a shipment list. Your shipment data will already be processed as soon as you print a label or request a pickup.
For the daily procedure for shipments, click on “Daily procedure”.
In the ‘popup’ window that opens you will see the following buttons:
- Labels – Print all labels that have not been printed before. This function is especially useful if you print 4 labels on an A4.
- Protocols – Generates a shipment list for your records
- Acceptance protocol history – Provides an overview of previously printed protocols
- ‘Print for all pickup addresses’: If your account consists of several addresses, you can print all lists from the active account onwards.